John W. Stout 29
- Born: 1830, Pennsylvania, USA 29
- Marriage (1): Mary Ann Steinhauer on 31 Jan 1854 in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA
- Died: 21 Jun 1865, Alexandria, Virginia at age 35
Married by Rev. A. Height (American Volunteer-2/9/1854)
Connection to father, William Stout is based on Mary Helen Stouts statement about Henry Stout being her father's grand uncle and the associated story about how Henry went west from NJ and founded a college in Wisconsin. (It was Henry's son, James Huff Stout that actualy founded the University of Wisconsin). Mary Helen was sure the relationship was Uncle. Mary Helen also remembers Elinor as the name of John W. Stouts mother. (as relayed by Mary Helen Stouts daughter, Joan in Aug 2011).
John W. Stouts father could also be William's brother, Zepheniah Stout (b. 1776). Elinor Lane and Zephiniah Stout had a son, John Lane Stout (b. 1806). Elinor then married Zephiniah's brother William, who went out west and gave birth to Henery Lane Stout. Because of the shared mother, Henery Lane could be called William S. Stouts grand uncle if either Zepheniah OR William is John W. Stouts Father.
Either way Nathan Stout is John E. Stouts grandfather.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1860 Census, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
• Occupation: Stove Peddler, 1860 Census, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
• Residence, 1853, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA. newspaper states he is "of mechanicsburg" in Jan 1854
John married Mary Ann Steinhauer, daughter of George Steinhauer and Susannah Sipe, on 31 Jan 1854 in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA. (Mary Ann Steinhauer was born on 4 Sep 1830 in Pennsylvania, USA, died on 27 Nov 1914 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA and was buried in Letort Cemetery, Carlisle, Cumberland, Pennsylvania, USA.)